PhD in Computer Science and Communication, Telecommunication Engineer
and a post-degree of EOI Business School. Author more than 45
publications in international journals and conferences as well as has 5
patents in the audio and music computing area. Assistant professor in
the Department of Technology at UPF. Recipient of an ICREA
Pedro is a founder of BMAT
currently the CTO.
Previously I have been a Researcher of the Music
of the Universitat
My research interests include:
- Music Information Retrieval
- Audio Content Analysis
- Audio Fingerprinting
- Complex Networks and Music
you will find an updated list of publications.
- Music similarity is not music recommendation. Club Transmediale Berlin 2010.
- Music recommendation systems: A complex networks perspective . EMMDS 2009. European Workshop on Challenges in Modern Massive Data Sets, Technical University of Denmark, July 2009
geeky with it: New tools and gadgets. C/O Pop. Cologne 2008.
- New Music Industries. II Congres Internacional de Catalunya. Barcelona 2008.
the long tail. C/O Pop. Cologne 2007.
Information Seminar: Intelligent Sound Project, June 2006, Copenhage
- Music Recommendation Networks, L3S, February 2006, Hannover
für Physik komplexer Systeme, Dresde “Dynamics on Complex Networks
and Applications” February 2006
Alamos National Laboratory, August 2005
- Nonlinear Dynamics, Nonlinear Optics and Lasers of the
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya October 2005. "Music
Technology and Complex Networks"
Program chair of the LSAS
Workshop on Learning the Semantics of Audio Signals (LSAS) 2006 part of
conference on Semantics And digital Media Technology (SAMT
Local organization committee of the
International Conference of Music Information Retrieval ISMIR 2004.
Reviewer for the Journal of
Intelligent Information Systems, IEEE Transactions on Signal
Processing, IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, IEEE
Transactions on Information, Forensics and Security, IEEE Signal
Processing Letters, IEEE Information Processing Letters, IEEE
Transactions on Multimedia, International Computer Music Conference;
International Conference on Music Information Retrieval.
Evaluator of SENTINELS program
(Netherland national research funding agency, http://www.stw.nl)
Some projects where I have been involved include:
BMAT, Barcelona Music and Audio Technologies.
Llacuna 162, 08018 Barcelona, Spain.
Email: pedro _ at _ bmat.com